Monday, October 20, 2014

Africa is Immense


I knew this of course.  But it is hard to imagine how big until you are here.  I took this graphic from an NPR story about wondering whether people should cancel trips to Africa because of the terrible events with Ebola in West Africa (I'm in SE Africa).  It offers a fascinating perspective on it all. 

I do appreciate everyone's concern.  Just know I'm safe and aware and it's a long way off. 

Here is the link: 

http://www.npr.org/blogs/goatsandsoda/2014/09/09/345871678/you-wont-catch-ebola-from-a-giraffe-in-tanzania



1 comment:

  1. The Ebola story is totally gone from the media here, now. It's interesting to me how hugely hyped up it was, with the whole country in fear, and how quickly it went away. A similar thing happened with the Syria chemical weapon attack, and will soon happen with the white/black police issues we're dealing with now. Andrew

    ReplyDelete