Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mt. Kilimanjaro Trek Starts Wed

On my way to Malawi, I had a layover in Nairobi. That morning the pilot announced we'd be able to see Kilimanjaro right after take off. I darn near trampled a few folks to get this picture.  I remember thinking, "How great would it be to see this plane from the top of the mountain?" Well, I've booked a trip to try and see it. I'm leaving Wed, Feb 11, taking the Machame route and should summit on the 16.  I'll be looking for this flight. This has all come together so fast. The time is now if I'm ever going to do it.






2 comments:

  1. This first one is a great shot! jealous as all get out, man! enjoy yourself, treasure every painful step going up that thing when your lungs are on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! Good luck, this won't be easy from what I've heard but now is the time for sure. Take pictures....I've heard its quite the hike and terrain.

    ReplyDelete