Tuesday, August 19, 2014

26 Hours To Africa


Means a lot of pain for someone 6'4".  I could be just getting old and creaky as well, but I swear those seats in economy are getting smaller with every trip.  Good luck trying to get your seat to recline with me behind you.  It was one of the toughest trips I've ever had.

All I could keep thinking about is, "I'm leaving for a year!? My whole life turned on its head for a while and reduced to 3 bags.  Man, am I looking forward to this." Lack of sleep and emotions running riot made for an interesting last few hours as I called people that final time.
The outgoing flight
I had 10 hours in Amsterdam and was able to get some nice photos.  I needed to keep moving because if I didn't, I would fall asleep.



The Kenya Air flight to Nairobi.

And from Nairobi to Lilongwe, we were able to fly by Kilimanjaro.  I will be climbing up to the peak this year.  Hopefully, when I'm there, I'll be able to look out and see these planes flying by.


Upon landing, they put everyone through a health check.  All people who arrived had their temperature taken with what looked like a laser gun aimed at the forehead and their passports checked.  Clearly this was for Ebola and they were taking air travelers seriously; that the other entry points into the country have the same scrutiny is also my wish.

The guy with the reflective vest is taking temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment