Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Visa Run to Zimbabwe

I had to make a visa run over the weekend. Every time I arrive in Malawi I get a visa for 30 days and then I extend it for 60 more. So I then have to leave the country every 90 days to stay legal. We found a cheap flight and were off. We weren't expecting much, but were just hoping for an escape to a new place with new sights and novel restaurants. We found that and more. But this is a strange and beautiful place. 

The balancing rock at Domboshava. Africa is full of these and they are wonderful.





They also have some pretty interesting cave paintings as well at Domboshava




I'm a sucker for an 8 foot tall metal chicken.

They use USD as their currency. It is amazing how worn these bills are. Also, no change.

They have police ninjas in Zim. 

There is a theater in Harare with 3D. We went to two shows.

High tea at the Bronte Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment