Monday, June 1, 2015

Kevin with the "L"


In Malawi they have trouble spelling and saying my name. For some reason, whenever I say it, they write it down "Kelvin." It must be something linguistically or just a lack of unfamiliarity with the name or someone famous who once had the name. This was all pretty humorous until we went to get our wedding certificate. No matter how much begging, pleading, role playing, and demonstrating, I couldn't get them to return a certificate with the right spelling. Finally after 3 months the right documents have come back. I just wanted to document a few instances for posterity. Though, I have now given up the best marital excuse ever: "Well, you married Kelvin and not me." 
My birthday cake with some minor changes.


The second handwritten marriage document. The first had something else wrong on it and we asked them to do it again. This is where the chain of events started.

Third try. So close. Ouch.

My doctor's receipt.

And finally, perfection.








No comments:

Post a Comment